Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 05.08.2019 um 15:10:
Of course the behaviour depends on the PDF viewer… :-(
In Acrobat Pro 9 the radiobuttons work while I highlight form fields; if I
switch that off, all options are checked.
In Adobe Reader DC you can’t switch off form field highlighting.
Preview.app only highlights on mouseover and checks all radiobuttons.
PDF Studio (that I try to establish as a cheap alternative to Acrobat Pro)
sometimes shows an error after asking if I’d like to activate JavaScript and
won’t open my form document at all.

Since I need also a non-interactive version for printout, and since ConTeXt
doesn’t reserve the space of form fields if I switch off interaction, I used to
remove form fields with Acrobat.
In previous versions (I can prove 2018-11) ConTeXt used its own frames for
radiobuttons and checkboxes. Now it seems to use options of the PDF form fields
that look different in viewers and disappear if I delete the field…

Custom symbols of radiobuttons and checkboxes are displayed constantly (that
used to work only in MkII 10 years before or so, probably due to changes in
Acrobat), and it’s not possible to use different symbols for checkend and
unchecked

😭😤

Hraban