On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 08:51, Jan U. Hasecke wrote:

> I am very interested in running ConTeXt as a service, too. I am still
> nurturing the idea of a publishing cooperative for self publishers with
> a Markdown --> Pandoc --> ConTeXt workflow with a nice web frontend. I
> hope to make it to the next ConTeXt meeting to discuss it.

If you want to start from a simple markup language, at least go for
asciidoc or restructured text.
Markdown is a mess for anything but very very very trivial structure,
and very very soon you basically end up with "basically ugly html with
some embeded plain text every now and then".

There is some proof-of-concept test document which goes via the
    asciidoc --[asciidoctor]--> docbook (xml) --[context]--> pdf
path (but it needs more work to be fully useful).

Mojca