Otared Kavian schrieb am 06.12.2019 um 04:23:
Dear Hans,

The problem I described in my previous message comes indeed from
\defineexpansion which is not defined.
Upon commenting out the lines 95--98 in the file « hand-ini.mkxl » that is the
four lines:

\defineexpansion
   [\c!step=1,
    \c!stretch=40,
    \c!shrink=20]

I could remake the format with version 2019.12.05 18:59. Then lmtx works fine
as far as my files are concerned, but I don't know if there are side effects…
(However, once the format is made, if I uncomment those lines then lmtx works
fine, but clearly one cannot make again the format)

You Luametatex binary is too old which missed the new \adjustspacingstep command shown in the error message from your previous mail.

Wolfgang