> On 5 Apr 2020, at 11:34, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 4/5/2020 12:29 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> I have a series of startMPpage—stopMPpage pairs (with MP code inbetween).
>> These now become separate pages in a single PDF. But I need them to become
>> separate PDF’s each during my ConTeXt run, with a name of my own choosing.
>> Is this possible? I guess this will be problematic, but one can hope (maybe
>> some very low level TeX trickery)...
> no (i would probably cook up something but it's not worth the trouble and it
> would add lots of ugly code deep down) but

Yes, I was thinking about some low level open/writeout stuff in TeX but was
scared to try.

Still, a \startMPfile{pdffilename}..\stopMPfile (instead of page) would have
been great...

> you can use for instance mutool etc to split pdf’s

I can’t do that simply because it would mean lots and lots of manual work
(including typing long names every time) each time I automatically produce the
PDFs. I am talking hundreds of views generated anew every time and they all
need to end up in a separate file. I need some sort of automatic flow. It’s OK
if the PDF with all the pages is an intermediate and use a tool to split this
into separate files with separate file names (so an additional step in the
workflow) but I would have to create th eextraction script automatically during
the ConTeXt run.

Alternatively, I could have a step before this to turn the input XML into many
separate XMLs and have many ConTeXt runs. Probably that is the best way to do
it. Each generated XML would have all of the original XML except it would only
have one ‘view’ in it and the rest removed.