Gerben Wierda schrieb am 05.04.2020 um 12:27:

On 5 Apr 2020, at 11:34, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 4/5/2020 12:29 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
I have a series of startMPpage—stopMPpage pairs (with MP code inbetween). These
now become separate pages in a single PDF. But I need them to become separate
PDF’s each during my ConTeXt run, with a name of my own choosing. Is this
possible? I guess this will be problematic, but one can hope (maybe some very
low level TeX trickery)...
no (i would probably cook up something but it's not worth the trouble and it
would add lots of ugly code deep down) but

Yes, I was thinking about some low level open/writeout stuff in TeX but was
scared to try.

Still, a \startMPfile{pdffilename}..\stopMPfile (instead of page) would have
been great...

Something like this:

\starttext

\startbuffer[square]
    \startMPpage
        draw fullsquare scaled 10 withcolor red ;
    \stopMPpage
\stopbuffer

\typesetbufferonly[square]

\startbuffer[circle]
    \startMPpage
        draw fullcircle scaled 10 withcolor green ;
    \stopMPpage
\stopbuffer

\typesetbuffer[circle]

\startbuffer[triangle]
    \startMPpage
        draw fulltriangle scaled 10 withcolor blue ;
    \stopMPpage
\stopbuffer

\savebuffer[list=triangle,prefix=no,file=triangle.tex]

\typesetfile[triangle.tex][]

\stoptext

Wolfgang