Eduardo Bohoyo schrieb am 17.09.2020 um 10:14:
Thank you for this illustrative example, Wolfgang.

So, what \forgetparagraphfreezing does is to reverse the order that lmtx currently imposes by default, right? In other words, \forgetparagraphfreezing, recovers the default behaviour of MkIV.

So, I suspect that this will not change; if we want to apply Lettrine to a paragraph, from now on we must wrap it up with \forgetparagraphfreezing and \setparagraphfreezing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

LMTX removes some restrictions for settings which are applies to paragraphs, e.g. the following example works now without problems with LMTX while LuaTeX needs the \dontleavehmode at the begin of the paragraph

\starttext

\placefigure[left]{none}{\framed[width=2cm,height=2cm]{}}
%\dontleavehmode
{\bf Tufte: }\input tufte

\stoptext

To avoid side effects from these changes LMTX freezes a few settings at the begin of the paragraph. In some cases commands or settings have to be adapted to these changes and the lettrine module is one of them.

The changes itself to the commands have to be made in the modules etc. itself and not in the documents, below is a minimal example how the lettrine module has to be changed to get indentation for the initial back.

\starttext

\hsize 10cm

\noindent
\parshape 3 1cm 9cm 1.5cm 8.5cm 0cm 10cm
\input weisman

\blank

\begingroup
\noindent
\parshape 3 1cm 9cm 1.5cm 8.5cm 0cm 10cm
\updateparagraphshapes
\endgroup
\input weisman

\stoptext

BTW: ConTeXt already provides a command to place initials as part of the core but it lacks a few features of the lettrine module.

Wolfgang