On 1/27/2021 3:08 PM, Rudd, Kevin wrote:
thanks, Hans---

with the only change being the lmtx release, I get:

    in 2020.09.20:

    resolvers       > tex > 'file' closer:

'/local/Software/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/metapost/context/base/mpiv/metafun.mpxl'
    closed
    metapost        > log >
    resolvers       > methods > resolving, method 'finders', how 'uri',
    handler 'file', argument 'boxrow.mp'

    in 2021.01.24:

    resolvers       > tex > 'file' closer:

'/local/Software/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/metapost/context/base/mpxl/metafun.mpxl'
    closed
    metafun         > log >
    metafun         > log > error: Not implemented: (unknown
    numeric)=(string)

thus the MPincludes block doesn't seem to be processed in the latest release so the option block doesn't get grokked properly. the log files are attached with all of the gory details; if they don't make it, I can send separately.
but how does the tex/.mp file look ... in the log you can see that there is no attempt to read boxrow.mp at all