Hi all,

I have a rather large (almost 120,000 lines) xml file, processing pulls in another large xml file. The project compiles under mkiv; with lmtx, I get

tex error       > tex error on line 8 in file : TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [reference count=32767]
Can you check the latest upload? You should be able to go way higher.

If you're worried about your lua macros performance you can always run with:

  --profile

and look at the luatex-profile.log file ... it gives a rough impression. be prepared for a slow run (although the latest greatest lmtx should perform some 2.5 times better when profiling).

There's also a new (yet unofficial) feature:

\starttext

\setupfonts
  [serif=dejavuserif*default,
   sans=dejavusans,
   mono=dejavusansmono]

   {    AAA\char1234 AAA}
   {\ss BBB\char1234 BBB}\par
   {    AAAAAA}
   {\ss BBBBBB}\par

   \dorecurse{1000}{ \char1234 }

\stoptext

You can set up a list of 'quick and dirty fallback' fonts (you can set a sequence for each style). This doesn't replace the normal fallback mechanisms but can be handy as catch.