On 6/15/2021 10:25 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 9:13 AM Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl <mailto:j.ha...@xs4all.nl>> wrote:

    On 6/15/2021 12:21 AM, Richard Mahoney wrote:
     > Thank you very much for this Hans. And especially for resolving
     > what looks like quite a complex issue in next to no time.
     >
     > As it happens I've found LMTX just fine for "production", so long as
     > I keep copies of a few versions that I know are working well.
      >
     > I settled on SciTE a long time ago and tend to keep a few start
     > up scripts that make reverting to a previous version simple:
     >
     > -r-x------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Dec 20 16:54
    SciTE-start-lmtx-20200920.sh
     > -r-x------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Jun 13 22:04
    SciTE-start-lmtx-20210509.sh
     > -rwx------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Jun 15 08:50 SciTE-start-lmtx-latest.sh

    btw, When testing your example I noticed that sumatra pdf (which i use
    as viewer) doesn't handle selecting the cjk text well. I looked at the
    source (on github) and get the impression that it might be some font
    bbox issue (these asian fonts have hugee bboxes); (also old) acrobat
    and
    browsers do fine as does an old windows okular I have installed.

    Does anyone know of a minimalistic mupdf based pdf viewer that has a
    decent gui but not all this (semi) epub, xps, reflow, etc stuff on
    board? Just the mupdf pdf core.

perhaps the mupdf app for android.

the windows mupdf viewer is somewhat crippled (no selection) but searching for something shows the right bbox

Another one is  evince for windows:
https://portableapps.com/apps/office/evince_portable <https://portableapps.com/apps/office/evince_portable>
I tried it and it does the selection ok (but it's some 60MB so not lean and mean).

I also tried xpdfreader (some 30B) which also selects ok.