On 6/15/2021 8:47 PM, luigi scarso wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 8:29 PM Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl <mailto:j.ha...@xs4all.nl>> wrote:

    On 6/15/2021 7:53 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
     > On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:07:04 +0200
     > Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl <mailto:j.ha...@xs4all.nl>> wrote:
     >
     >> the windows mupdf viewer is somewhat crippled (no selection) but
     >> searching for something shows the right bbox
     >
     > I do not know about Windows ports, but mupdf and mupdf-gl differ, not
     > only in their rendering but also in their keystrokes and mouse
    bindings.

mupdf-gl (the advanced one) uses opengl,  but unfortunately it breaks when the drivers are updated;
mupdf uses x11, and it's much more stable.
To be honest, under ubuntu okular and evince are still better than mupdf.
Did you try this one?

http://www.xpdfreader.com/download.html

(Not sure if we have a wiki page for viewers that keeps track of the quality.)