On 7/18/21 11:54 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> With the following minimal example:
> [...]
> both the initial and the bold stuff after it is indented. With hoffset I
> can move the initial, but not what comes after. I have been
> experimenting but haven’t found a way to solve this.

Hi Gerben,

this might be what you need:

  % Every chapter body text starts with a drop cap:
  \setupindenting[yes, medium]

  \starttext
  \chapter{Chapter}

  \placeinitial So it was. \input knuth

  \placeinitial So it was. \input knuth

  \noindentation
  \placeinitial So it was. \input knuth
  \stoptext

Sectioning commands never indent next paragraph by default. You have to
type either \setuphead[chapter][indentnext=yes] or
\setupheads[indentnext=yes] to enable it.

If every chapter starts with an initial,
\setuphead[chapter][after={\blank[2*big]\placeinitial}] enables this
automatically (\blank[2*big] is the default command after chapter).

> [...]
> PS. switching \kap and \bf has an interesting result, the first
> character of the words is not in bold. This did not happen with lettrine
> in mkii,

Please, avoid adding questions after a multiline signature (because the
lines might be look like belonging to the signature, and not as a
question to the list).

This might help in LMTX:

  \definefontfeature[allcaps][uppercasing=yes]
  \starttext
  \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
  {\feature[+][allcaps]\bf uppose we}
  \stopTEXpage