On 9/30/2021 8:52 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, Henri Menke via ntg-context wrote:

On Thu, 2021-09-30 at 11:57 +0200, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
wrote:
Hi!

I would like to use tikz to benefit of the package "pgf-soroban" I
did write for LaTeX (after adapting it and before, later, to
translate it to metapost).

I did try the sample program from the tikz manual, but I get an error
saying that "t-pgf.tex" is not found; but it is in the tree of
ConTeXt-lmtx.

How to make all the files in the distribution known to the compiler?

Note that there is currently no proper support for LMTX in PGF/TikZ.

https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/issues/990

Nowdays exagerating remarks like "lots of ..." just like "many buge ..." and "completely broken ..." and some more make me put something at the bottom of my list cq. dismiss.

Interesting... it seems that only a few features don't work. I regularly use
pgfplots, and haven't noticed any compatibility issues in my examples.

What will be needed to add a LMTX "driver" for TikZ? Porting pgfsys-luatex.def
to pgfsys-luametatex.def? Or is something else also needed?
I don't know. If you send me the examplex that don't work I can check it. I suppose that it there is a well defined interface layer we can provide the connection and maintain that in the context distribution. And we can also just decide that some features are not supported (for instance because they interfere with context resource management).