On 10/1/2021 11:36 AM, Henri Menke via ntg-context wrote:

When I last looked at it about a year ago it was completely unusable
with the LuaTeX driver because position tracking primitives were
removed (\pdflastxpos, \pdflastypos) and box keywords had changed
(\hbox dir TRT). Some catcode trickery in pgfplots also had stopped
working (https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgfplots/pull/353).

keep in mind that luatex has no \pdf prefixes (i added these for usage like tikz but we have other ones in context)

in context we always used the 'direction' keyword because when we dropped many directions from luatex these weird three letter ones made no sense (basically they were sort of used as three constructor elements but that model was already dropped)

anyway, as i mentioned, somehow the intenet triggers exageration: 'competely unueable' is also one of these 'move to bottom of todo list' things

As Hans mentioned in another message, the PDF resource management has
changed (if I understand it correctly), so things like shadings and
patterns would have to be adjusted.
nothing changed there (also because we never really used the engines stuff) ut any resource managament has to be intercaces to any macro package

that said: i have a few tikz test files and when they run ok it's fine for me ... if something fails users can ask on the list (with a mnew) and when they don't ... no reason to complain