Do the rx queues of an interface are determined only when loading the
kernel driver, or is there another thing that affects that?

My problem is that I get a number that differs than what I think should be
(because maybe something during the machine boot doesn't work properly)

For example:
What I assume our load script do is "*insmod
/usr/local/pfring/drivers/intel/i40e.ko RSS=12,12,12,12,12,12,12,12*"
What I actually get when I run "*cat /proc/net/pf_ring/dev/eth4/info*"
is "*RX Queues:    14*" (from previous reboot).

So maybe the "insmod" doesn't actually work as expected, or is there
anything else that I'm not aware of?

A'ii appreciate any help.

Thanks