Hi,

You can try to manually install the packages and the required dependencies from http://packages.ntop.org/debian/jessie/x64/ntopng/ . We do not officially support kali.

Regards,
Emanuele

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Stefan <netfort...@gmail.com> wrote:
Replying to my own email - tried next the kali-rolling option, with the same results:

... starting with:

$ wget http://apt-stable.ntop.org/stretch/all/apt-ntop-stable.deb
$ dpkg -i apt-ntop-stable.deb

... all the way to ...

$ apt-get update

<snip>
Err:4 http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/kali-rolling x64/ Release
  404  Not Found
Err:5 http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/kali-rolling all/ Release
  404  Not Found
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/kali-rolling x64/ Release' does not have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. E: The repository 'http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/kali-rolling all/ Release' does not have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

***Stefan