Apologies for the repeat postings. One of our spam filters has suddenly decided
everything from this list is spam. I've whitelisted it now, so hopefully that's
fixed. I suspect this has happened before when the list has gone quiet, so I
should remember to check the archives.

I'll try disabling autologout, but I don't understand the bahaviour. If I try
to connect after an ntopng restart,  can't see anything until I log in. After
autologout, I can still access a lot of things in the gui. And why is there no
login button to log back in?

Peter Shute

Simone wrote:

Peter,

> On 14 Feb 2018, at 00:11, Peter Shute <pshute at nuw.org.au> wrote:
>
> If I log into ntopng, then leave it in the browser for a long time (hours?
> overnight?), some menu items disappear. For example I no longer see
> Preferences in the Settings menu, and the Power menu is no longer visible, so
> I can't access the Logout command.
>
> Logging out and in again fixes this, but the only way to log out is to
> manually add "logout.lua" to the URL.

This is normal due to the expiration of the session you are authenticated with.
If you don't want the autologout, please use:

[--disable-autologout|-q]           | Disable web logout for inactivity

Simone