A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

MESSAGE FROM CHAIR OF THE BOARD SHAUN CHEN AND DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION DONNA QUAN:

Dear TDSB community,

It has been difficult to hear the reports and see the images emerging out of
Nepal following the powerful earthquake that devastated the South Asian country
over the weekend. Sadly, the death toll continues to rise each day, thousands
have been left injured and an estimated 8.1 million people are in desperate
need of humanitarian assistance: food, shelter, primary medical care and clean
water.

The death and destruction caused by the earthquake is not confined to this
distant part of the world. Family, friends and relatives of a number of people
in our city - and in our schools - are lost or missing halfway around the globe.

To those who have lost loved ones or who are still anxiously awaiting word of
their safety, the Toronto District School Board extends its deepest
condolences.  Our collective thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
Please know that our psychology and social work staff will be working with
principals to identify students and staff who may need support.

In recognition of our shared thoughts, flags will be lowered to half-staff at
each of our schools on Monday, May 4th.  We will also observe a moment of
silence throughout the Board that day.

Shaun Chen                 Donna Quan
Chair                           Director of Education

How can you help? Fundraising information is available on our school website,
ntci.on.ca.