A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Upcoming Events at North Toronto

April 3:              Charity Week begins featuring The Maddie Project (see the
NTCI website for further info)

April 12:            Report card distribution via Home Form classes

April 14 / 17:     Good Friday / Easter Monday (no classes)

Cheers to Ms. Hayden and the NT Wellness leaders for an amazing week of
wellness activities!  From the paint splatter event, tea shots, happiness
workshop and the hall of bubbles to the Grade Nine-A-Thon and the Charity Week
kick-off assembly, North Toronto showed its support of mental health and
wellness in full force.  We look forward to Charity Week featuring The Maddie
Project (April 3-7).

Music department news!
Soda Pop Shop
Friday, April 7th at 7pm
Music rooms - Room 116 & Room 110.
The Stage Band and various musical acts will be performing. There will be a
Best in Grade Art show which is judged by the audience. There will also be
refreshments and dessert treats.  All for the great price of $10.00 - all you
can eat!  It is a family friendly event with awesome music & an interactive art
experience for the audience as well.

Congratulations to Grade 11 student Rhys Chisolm who will be participating in
the Encounters with Canada program from April 2 - 7.  He will join 120 youth
from across Canada for a week in Ottawa to study Canada's role in WWI.  Rhys
has been selected as one of 26 Government of Canada Youth Delegates to
commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Vimy Ridge. He will be attending a number
of official government celebrations recognizing the unique contribution of this
battle in shaping Canada as a nation.

Student and Parent Census

April is the TDSB's Census Month. The Student Census will be completed in Home
Form classes on April 20. The data collected from the Census will provide our
school, the system, parents and the community with valuable information to help
improve our schools for the benefit of all students. Please visit the TDSB home
page to learn more about the TDSB Census.

William Mack
Principal
North Toronto Collegiate Institute