A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Acknowledgements and Upcoming Events

Report cards were distributed this morning during Home Form periods.  Please
ask your son or daughter to review the report card package which also includes
a program verification form/credit counselling summary which indicates course
selection for next year.

Leaside School Council invites our school community to a parent workshop
promoting a positive body image and information regarding eating disorders lead
by Kyla Fox.  The workshop takes place Thursday April 19th at 7 pm at Leaside
High School (200 Hanna Road in the school library).  This is a free event but
space is limited.  Please apply for tickets at
sarah...@aol.com<mailto:sarah...@aol.com>.  Tickets will be offered on a first
come first served basis.  Doors open at 6:30 pm for light refreshments.

April 23 - 27:  North Toronto celebrates Earth Week with a kick-off assembly on
Monday April 23.

Tuesday April 24 - Staff meeting (late start)

School Council contact address:

schoolcouncil2017.n...@gmail.com<mailto:schoolcouncil2017.n...@gmail.com>
Next meeting:  Wednesday April 25 in room 215 at North Toronto CI (17 Broadway
Avenue)
Topic:  In light of the recent police Public Safety alert about robberies at
Yonge and Eglinton, the executive committee of the North Toronto School Council
has arranged a panel discussion about this issue, the context, the contributing
factors and what we can do as a community to help ameliorate matters.  We have
representatives from Toronto Police Services 53 Division joining us, as well as
board, staff and student representatives.  Please join us on Wednesday April
25th at 7:30 pm.

Friday April 27 - Grade 9 Geography Summative Field Trip to High Park, Toronto

Cuba Service Trip - a parent information session will be held regarding next
year's school trip to Cuba.
Parents are invited to attend the information session on May 9 at 6:30 pm in
room 215.

William Mack
Principal
North Toronto Collegiate Institute