A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Good evening NT parents:
I'm forwarding a message which was sent out to all students by our Student
Services department this afternoon.  You will find important information
regarding the access to technology, course drops, TDSB night school/TDSB
eSummer School and information for potential graduates.  This is for your
information as well.  Please encourage your children to read the email and
follow up with their Guidance counsellor if they have any questions.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Dear Students,

As we move forward in this new remote learning environment, I wanted to send
another message to let you know some important dates and new procedures for
Guidance.

We are hearing from students that you are not all receiving our Moodle blasts.
We are working to move over to Google Classroom and when we are ready, we will
invite
you all to join us there. It is likely that we will create one classroom for
Graduating Students and another for students in Grades 9-11. For now, please
read this entire email and note the items that are relevant for you.

Collecting Email addresses – All students
By now your teachers should have sent you a link to a Google Form for us to
collect information about your email address and access to devices/internet. It
is really important for you to fill in this form if you have not already so
that we can help students who need access! Here is the link to the form:
https://forms.gle/ii4q9bbtiXM8whwr6 Please note that this form will give us
your email address so that you can receive future Guidance emails!

Course Drops – Grade 11 and 12 students
The last date to drop NT courses before Full Disclosure is April 16, 4pm.
(Students may drop courses after this date but the course and the mark will
appear as “withdrawn” on your permanent transcript).
If you wish to drop a course (or courses), you must fill in this Course Drop
Google Form https://forms.gle/UaCqbGU9p68VHH1e7 AND have your parent email
michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca> with permission
for the drop BEFORE 4pm on April 16.

TDSB Night School – All students
TDSB Night School classes have resumed this week, now operating as remote
learning (just like day school). Students wishing to withdraw from night school
courses, please email
michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca> your name,
night school location and course.  We will inform Continuing Education Central
staff and they will demit students.
The drop dates are as follows:
April 23 for CW Jefferys NS, Central Tech NS, Runnymede NS, Winston Churchill
NS (Tuesday/Thursday classes)
April 29 for Albert Campbell NS and CALC NS (Monday/Wednesday classes)

TDSB eSummer School – All students
Students who are interested in registering for TDSB Summer eLearning should
note that registration begins April 8. I would like to encourage all students
who want, need, or may need a summer credit to consider signing up for TDSB
Summer eLearning as it is not known at this time if TDSB regular (face-to-face
classroom) Summer School will be running. Session dates, list of courses, and
registration is available at
https://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/elearning/e-Summer-School
Students who have applied to TDSB eSummer School MUST forward their
registration email with the attached permission form to their parent/guardian
who MUST then forward that email and their permission to
michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca>  Elearning
summer school courses will NOT be approved without emailed parent permission.
(Please note that students 18 years and older should simply forward their
registration email directly to
michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca> noting that
they are 18).

Information for Graduating Students
Please click on the following link to access the Scholarship Report and note
that there are several opportunities in the next two months: Link to The
Scholarship
Report<https://seekingscholarships.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=552c1fb49a547f66f1c461dbe&id=f3687cea04&e=45588607eb>.
Students who need a credit to graduate watch for our email to come about Dual
Credit intersession courses (May/June) which will be available online.
Graduating students will not be required to complete Community Service hours
this year.
Graduating students are not required to complete the Literacy Requirement this
year.
Updated course marks that reflect achievement up to March 13 (which may also
include more recent work demonstrating further successful achievement of
expectations) will be sent to OUAC/OCAS for the April transmission.
Private school FINAL report cards MUST be emailed directly from the school to
michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:michelle.debr...@tdsb.on.ca> by 4pm April 20
(per Agenda p.13) in order to be included in the OUAC/OCAS transmission. (To
ensure we have received all FINAL report cards and updated your transcript, we
recommend you have your private school email us any FINAL report card earned
after March 1).

I know that’s a lot of information to read but it is all very important for you
to have now. This is a challenging time. I know for some of you that school can
be a bit of normalcy in a changed world and it brings you some comfort; I know
for others it is another source of stress among so many stressful things.
Please know that we are here to help, regardless of how this situation is
impacting you and your families.

Best wishes and stay safe,
Ms de Braux (on behalf of the NT Guidance Department)

William Mack

Principal

North Toronto Collegiate Institute

17 Broadway Avenue