From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of James Rankin
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:07 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] RE: Microsoft's 'Blue' servers

Hmmm, sounds like MS' approach is that they've decided that The Cloud is
unavoidable, or will at least represent the "sensible choice" in future

For dev and test environments, sure, and maybe smaller enterprises without
regulatory requirements and/or no budget to spare for private infrastructure,
but throw in any kind of data security and integrity - particularly anything
that has implications related to storing information in other global
jurisdictions - and I just get the feeling that it won't take off as much as
everyone would have us believe.

I'm also becoming less convinced of Microsoft's capability to respond to
customer requirements, although to be honest that's exhibiting more in the
consumer end at the moment than business.

I'm not known as any kind of trend-predictor or tech commentator, though, so
I'm just stating my gut feelings :-)

On 4 June 2013 15:52, <rodtr...@myitforum.com<mailto:rodtr...@myitforum.com>>