It's not faith, so much as understanding their motivation.

These organizations want government involvement in their business even less
than than we want it in ours.   And a reorg is a pretty expensive way to
kill off products.  All of these organizations have killed off WAY more
products independent of any reorganization than in combination with one.

They want to maximize their corporate and personal profits, and they want
to win all corporate political battles.  That's the primary motivation.
 I've seen that up close and personal in too many organizations to think
otherwise at this point.

Now, as it pertains to your Microsofts, Apples, Googles, etc, since there
is no way to achieve those aforementioned goals while ignoring the NSA and
the CIA, they have no problem sacrificing our privacy, security, data, or
whatever else to ensure that they are still left to do what they want.

9 times out of 10, a reorgs is a cute, but very expensive way of achieving
the following set of goals:

-- firing a set of high-level people
-- mitigating the potential fallout of losing high-level people who might
have a following
-- getting rid of (or minimizing the impact of) one or more departments or
divisions
-- solidifying an internal power structure / undermining an opposing
internal power structure
-- making it look to wall street and investors that you're taking charge or
in control
-- putting your mark on an organization

None of those things particularly support or undermine the NSA initiatives.
 PRISM and all similar projects will likely go unchanged with regards to
this reorg...

*ASB
**http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* <http://xeeme.com/AndrewBaker>*
**Providing Virtual CIO Services (IT Operations & Information Security) for
the SMB market…***