Of course, which is why it is not uniformly done.   Yes, it can be
mitigated with additional hardware, but it's not a zero-cost option.
(Plus, the extras add complexity, which is also a source of security
vulnerabilities...)

*ASB **http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* <http://xeeme.com/AndrewBaker>
*Providing Virtual CIO Services (IT Operations & Information Security) for
the SMB market…*