I use our network monitoring system for this. We use Icinga (a form of Nagios)
and the check_http binary...

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Raper
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:40 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Reminders for SSL certs (and other things)

Hi all,

We've been bitten by an internal cert or two expiring that caught us off guard.
We're rying to come up with a way to have  centrally managed reminder system in
place to make sure this doesn't happen again. This is for a large-ish network
with a handful of people who could be managing this at any given time.

An Excel spreadsheet just doesn't scale well for this, and Outlook tasks seems
kind of clumsy.

Obviously paid certs you generally get a reminder because GoDaddy wants the
revenue, and Web server certs generate an event in the event log, but not every
SSL cert is going to generate an event.....and not every cert is a paid cert....

We also have some other events and contracts that we'd like reminders for - so
this isn't exclusive to SSL certs, though that is a driving factor.

How are you all handling this? An application? A web-based "aaS" reminder
system of some sort?

Thanks,

Jonathan
NOTE: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is non-public, proprietary, legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the original sender immediately by telephone or return email and destroy
or delete this message along with any attachments immediately.