From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Joe Tinney
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:52 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] Interesting KSM behavior.

Jim,

I apologize for the late reply. Late night lurking stumbled across your
seemingly unanswered thread.

The count will eventually stop ticking and will hover at a predefined value.
The idea is that this value is high enough to ensure the KMS server hands out
real activations.

See here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee939272.aspx

However, that says the number is 50. My gut says that you need to install ALL
host keys for OSes you wish to activate.

From the same article, check out KMS event 12290 for detailed information about
client activation requests.  Those have been helpful in the past. It will tell
you what the response was for each client.

Good luck,
Joe Tinney

On Aug 2, 2016 14:04, "Kennedy, Jim"