From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Leone
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:08 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Problems enabling AD Recycle Bin

My AD is Win 2008 R2 (forest and domain level). I have a parent-child domain
structure, and want to enable the AD Recycle Bin in the child domain. I am
getting an error of "A referral was returned form the server".

Q: Do I need to be doing this on the child DC, or on the root DC?

Specifically, I am doing (in Active Directory Module for Powershell (as
Administrator):

Enable-ADOptional Feature "Recycle Bin Feature" -Scope ForestorConfigurationSet
-Target (Get-ADForect -Current LocalComputer)

I am doing this on the PDC of the child domain.

Do I need to be doing this on the Domain Naming Master, which is in the Root
domain? And - if so - will enabling it there, then enable it for both domains?