From: Robert Toland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 1:26 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: NIC Load Balancing

We have an NT4.0 sp6a server with 2 3com nic cards with discreet tcp/ip
adressess.  I added the second card hoping to distribute the traffic but
monitoring both cards showed that they were recieving the exact same
traffic.
Is load balancing the way to fix this, and if so where do I find out how to
do
it.

Thanks,
Robert T.

"Miller Bonnie L." wrote:

> Get the latest drivers from Intel-I think anything prior to 3.8 something
> had problems, but it could have been 4.  The first time I set this up on
our
> network (NT 4 sp6a server at the time) it knocked off every older HP
printer
> we had in the school district (not just the LAN) that had an emulex
network
> card (instead of the hp jetdirect cards), but the newer HP printers were
> fine.  Took a couple of hours to find the culprit (funny, it works for a
> while and then I turn this server back on...)-I could literally ping -t a
> printer and watch it drop off the network as the server with the two nics
> booted up-but newer drivers fixed it.  We figured it was some sort of
layer
> 2 broadcast since we still had that turned on for LAT at the time.  I also
> read from someone on Intel's forum that had the same problem with Xerox
> printers-same solution.
>
> -Bonnie M.

NIC.