From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 8:15 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carn

I am a strong supporter of law enforcement but I believe this amendment goes
too
far.  It can be abused by local Private Investigators...do you really want a
PI
getting a wire tap on your phone/computer?  The wording needs to be
clarified
and certain provisions spelled out before this becomes an acceptable piece
of
legislature.  That's all the opposing Senators want, time to clairfy just
what
will be included in Title III.

There is no way this amendment could have guaranteed preventing the WTC
disaster.  There is no way it can guarantee preventing a similar disaster

tnx Stu
ralph