You make the domain user a local power user.  It appears you are making a
local workstation ([workstation]\uid) user a local power user.  When they
log into the domain as [domain]\uid, they have a different identity.

At 12:43 PM 9/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>I need to give some laptop users in my organization Power User
>privileges on their PC's so that they are able to install applications
>and such.  I added them to the Power User group locally, but as soon as
>they login to the domain, they lose all of their privileges.  Anyone
>have any ideas what I have to do on the server to give them this right
>without giving them full administrative privileges?  I am having trouble
>figuring out where to give them rights - in group membership, group
>policy, file system?--

Richard D. McClary                    | Systems Administrator
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1717 S. Philo Rd, Suite 36, Urbana, IL| (217) 337-5030 ext. 261

Want to unsub? Do that here:
http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub
Need a good FAQ? Try this one first:
http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/