You have the right to call them and figure out what they are doing.  It's
your solution.
Call the ISP and ask them what they are doing for that connection.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael W. Ellis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 8:43 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: VPN question

Part of the problem is that I have no idea of their configuration.  Most of
my remote users work out of home offices and use dialup for Internet.  This
particular user is in an office building where Internet connectivity is
provided, but I do not have any details on their architecture.  The user is
not network savvy enough to figure out any of the details.

My real question concerns their insistence that he must have a static IP
address and that they need to open _inbound_ ports to allow him to establish
an _outbound_ connection to my corporate LAN.

Michael Ellis