From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 2:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Workstation Naming Standards

I use the user name, but I've got a small 50 person installation. I change the name if the person changes.  It simplifies figuring out who's having a problem, because I know everyone. Tougher in a large organization.

I sure as heck wouldn't agonize over it. You want to be able to browse a list to pinpoint who's having a problem. And if necessary tie that back to some inventory/allocation information.  Serial Number would probably work if you have a good inventory system.