On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Richard McClary
<richard.mccl...@aspca.org> wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/11/foxit_pdf_plugin_vuln/
>
> Just now checked the FoxIT web site.  The currently offered version is
> 5.4.4.1128, which the article mentions as being vulnerable (as are older
> versions).
>
> May end up having to use Adobe anyway…

  I strongly suspect FoxIt licenses at least their core code from
Adobe.  Many features and vulnerabilities seem to track on a
one-to-one basis.

  FoxIt is a lot more lightweight, though, so it prolly has a smaller
attack surface overall.  It may be they just don't include all the
bloat that Adobe does.

-- Ben