All

Perhaps my Google-fu is weak, and if so, I will accept shame willingly at
this point but my home laptop is driving me up the wall.  Windows XP SP3,
Dell Latitude D531 that's reasonably healthy.  It's in a docking station
with two monitors attached.

This only started happening about a week ago, came home, found the system in
Standby mode.  Power settings were somehow flipped to something that has
Standby, even if plugged in.  This is not what I want.  I have some power
settings for HDD and Standby on battery, but when plugged in, my settings
are about 15 mins/Always On/Always on.

At least 5 times in this 1 week period, I come to the desk to find the
system in standby.  I check the power settings and they've been altered away
from my settings had been.  I've even had my custom settings deleted.

Has ANYONE run into this either at home or in your corporate environment>
Any suggestions on where to look?  I've done registry scans with Ace
Utilities, done virus scans and did a number of searches for articles and
posts on this and am at my wits end.  I don't want to spend time I don't
have to rebuild the thing.

Thanks in advance,

Gary