Hi,

 Two days ago our printers disappeared from our windows xp machine. After
trying to add them again, we got an error that we couldn't run because printer
spooler is not running. When I went to start the printer spooler, I got an
error saying that it couldn't be run (error 1804). After googling a bit, some
people said that we could have viruses on the machine. We have symantec
installed, and after scanning we got some viruses that were quarantined. We
tried to uninstall Symantec and install McAfee but now we get an error saying
that the windows installer cannot be run. Microsoft recommends reregister the
windows installer (which we have done) and if it doesn't work, rename dlls and
the windows installer and install it again.

 Since I don't trust very much this reinstall of the windows installer as a
solution, anyone can give me any hint of what might be happening or we should
check beforehand?

 Thanks in advance

 Miguel