Removing and re-adding a machine to a domain doesn't affect the user profiles 
if it's the same domain. I have done just this on many occasions.
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764

From: John Aldrich [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Domain strangeness

I've got one computer that the domain has an account for, but when I try to 
shut it down from remote, it says the computer doesn't exist. Any idea what's 
going on here? I checked and the PC is on-line (I am close enough to it that I 
can physically go and put hands on it.) Should I just remove it from the 
Directory and re-add it? Won't that mean that the user will have to set up all 
her apps again?

[cid:[email protected]][cid:[email protected]]







~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>

Reply via email to