-----Original Message-----
From: helpdesk UK <uk.helpd...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:21:13
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: Re: Single Forest multiple
Child domains

We are not using WINS

All clients are using Win 7 so the drop down menu does not exist anyways.

The clients would have to type the following *domain\username* in that
case.....i.e. in Win 7

what we were discussing internally is as they don't have to do that in there
local domain i.e. where the user & computer have been created to start off
with they login as follows

username
password

that's all.

so when they move around between domains that does not work as the machine
in that local domain has been built to a specific domain and the default
domain is pointing to the local domain on that site when the machine was
built...as opposed to where the user has migrated from

I hope I am making sense here.... :)

cheers
Joss