Hello Ryan,

the QuickTime helper process is not only used for reading and writing QuickTime files but also to use the QuickTime VideoOut facility for broadcast monitors. At Nuke's start up it needs to launch a process to detect whether there are any supported outputs available. After this the process should exit.

Short of deleting the appropriate libraries there is no way of preventing the application from being launched as Nuke needs the information it supplies. Obviously doing that is not something The Foundry recommends nor supports.

If you are seeing cases of the processes hanging around, please contact support and supply the version number of your Nuke install as well as Windows version so we can identify cases where this happens.

Thanks,
    Wouter