On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM, VikD <nuke-users-re...@thefoundry.co.uk> wrote:
> Moritz Moeller
> I didnt realized that ARG can be used standalone with Scanline and Rman,
> this is just amazing and I mean it. I can't wait ARG to support animated
> Alembic files.

Let me explain here, cause there is a good reason about why we
currently support only frame mapping.

ARG - besides all the other goodness we mentioned - *caches* the
geometry by default, meaning we don't read the file at runtime.

What we are doing is extending our internal data structure to support
a 'frame' based structure to store the data, currently our nodes
assume that the geometries are baked: one frame --> one file (frame
mapping).

Said that supporting multiframe abc (& RIB) is in the working.

P.

--
paolo berto
the /*jupiter jazz*/ group — visual research