> Right, well I wouldn't call that "unstable".

As Nathan said before, nobody is questioning its actual stability. The name
distinction here was only between "stable" and "feature" releases. I'm
sorry if you interpreted it that way when I quoted 1.6.1 as being the
"latest stable release", but you've already been given an explanation for
the naming scheme, so let's just drop that argument. :)

In my opinion, 1.7 is perfectly stable. If anyone can identify an issue
> with it, I'll gladly fix the bug myself. It is open source, after all.

Nothing stops you from doing the same thing for Nuke. The source for
exrReader and exrWriter is available in the NDK, so you can recompile
against 1.7 if you need long channel names in Nuke.

Whether Nuke should use 1.7 by default or not is debatable, in my opinion.
I understand your point, and was just giving a possible reason why they
would be reluctant to.

Cheers,
Ivan