Hey there :)

Yes, if it's and sRGB monitor then the Nuke viewer should be set to sRGB.
I'm not sure on the whole "emulate the look of a rec 709 by setting the
Nuke viewer to rec 709"-thing. That sounds a bit odd to me. But then
again, IANACSN.

I have however seen instances when it was useful to set the viewer to
something else. For instance, when viewing (not measuring mind you, just
viewing) alphas with soft edges it seems that you get a more accurate idea
of what area and how much the alpha will effect when you set the viewer to
linear. I haven't confirmed this but it seems to be true from my own highly
un-scientific tests. :)

Hope that all is good in the GHOST-ly part of Denmark. :)

.patrick