Ahh - found the issue... hahah

Just set my defocus node to full precision - now all cores rendering at 100% - awesome

Cheers Peter - mu Linux is working... thank fluff.

Neil Scholes

www.uvfilms.co.uk
+44 (0) 7977 456 197

On 06/12/12 12:42, Peter Pearson wrote:
On 06/12/12 12:17, Neil Scholes wrote:
Hi Peter

I did try the simple defocus tip - but it doesn't use all the cores at 100%

i get half of the cores being used ( 8 threads out of 16) - and out of
that half - only one of the threads is using a full 100% - the rest are
down at around 10% usage

Hi,

No it doesn't - on my 16 core Linux machine, Nuke 7 uses all my cores completely with that test, but I've configured Nuke to use my hyper-threading cores too - by default, Nuke uses only the physical cores and ignores the hyperthreaded cores - which I'm guessing is why you're seeing 8 out of 16 being used.

If you do that "x" in the DAG thing, and enter "[set threads 16]" for the TCL command, that will tell Nuke to use all your threads, but to some degree this might make things worse, it's very difficult to say, as different scripts and footage have different uses-cases in terms of the way they pull in and process footage.

But the bigger issue sounds like you're only getting one core being used at 100% - I'm not quite sure what the other 7 are up to - something sounds quite wrong there...

Peter