Hey all,

thanks for all the feedback, we've been following your comments carefully
and apologise if it's been causing you any problems.

We're not aware of any crash-on-exit bugs after using large amounts of
memory i.e. after rendering large, complex scripts. Does anyone have any
concrete reproducible steps? If so we will log a bug and investigate. We
did have some issues with Quicktimes in Nuke 9.0v4 and earlier which would
have been exacerbated by rendering large files.

We fixed one NukePanels crash-on-exit in the latest release, Nuke 9.0v6 so
it would be great if those of you who use nukescripts.panels could see if
that helps your issues:

Bug 47788 - nukescripts.panels crash [RESOLVED - 9.0v6+]

On a related note, we also have some long-standing bugs with PySide, such
as the one Ben Dickson mentioned. We suspect that this is we're on quite an
old version of PySide and it looks like the PySide guys have fixed a couple
of crash-on-exit fixes in releases later than the one Nuke uses (Nuke is on
PySide v1.0.9 - as of Nuke 8.0, which correlates with Mr Rueter's
comments). Right now, the best we can do is recommend that you keep any
PySide code simple, but we will try to look into it further:

Bug 23576 - Segmentation Fault on Nuke exit after using a custom PySide
window [REOPENED]

We are also aware of issues with custom workspaces which we are looking
into as I type.

> "QClipboard :: event(class QEvent *) Cowardly refusing to send clipboard
message to
> hung application"
This message relates to Quicktime Helpers, an issue we fixed for 9.0v1. I'm
not sure if we back-ported it to 8.0v7.

We were not aware that so many of you were getting native-OS crash reports
(instead of Nuke's custom handler). This means that we don't see those
reports which means we don't fix them, so I've logged a bug for us to try
and make sure we handle more cases where Nuke (unfortunately) crashes.

Bug 49364 - [Crash Reporter] - Being unloaded before application-teardown
completed

We'll try and look into most of these issues a bit more, so thanks for
letting us know.

F.

On 5 June 2015 at 06:41, Fredrik Averpil <fredrik.aver...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have custom nuke panels (PySide) which are required to save a comp (so
> they are pretty much always loaded) but the crashes on exit does not always
> happen. So I wouldn't make the assumption; custom nuke panels == crash.
>
> There's probably more to it.
> tors 4 jun 2015 kl. 23:22 skrev Frank Rueter|OHUfx <fr...@ohufx.com>:
>
>>  quite consistent for me:-D
>>

>> On 05/06/15 00:17, Fredrik Pihl wrote:
>>
>> Here also.. quite random.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Tzuen Wu <m...@tzuenwu.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Yes, I'd be interested for an answer to this as well. Seeing the same.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 3/06/2015, at 07:41, Sebastian Elsner|RISE <sebast...@risefx.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     This seems to be a common issue. We have it too.
>>>
>>> On 06/03/2015 04:37 PM, Jake Richards wrote:
>>>
>>>  To maybe reiterate what Frank says, I can get consistent seg faults
>>> with the following code in linux and Nuke 9.0v4:
>>>
>>>  Nuke9.0 --safe
>>> (paste and execute this code in the script editor)
>>> ###
>>>  from PyQt4 import QtGui,QtCore
>>>
>>>  class pyQtTestDialog(QtGui.QWidget):
>>>    def __init__(self):
>>>  super(pyQtTestDialog,self).__init__()
>>>   self.grid = QtGui.QGridLayout()
>>>  self.setLayout(self.grid)
>>>  self.OKButton = QtGui.QPushButton("Ok")
>>>  self.cancelButton = QtGui.QPushButton("Cancel")
>>>  self.grid.addWidget(self.OKButton,0,0,1,1)
>>>  self.grid.addWidget(self.cancelButton,0,1,1,1)
>>>  self.connect(self.OKButton,QtCore.SIGNAL('clicked()'),self.close)
>>>  self.connect(self.cancelButton,QtCore.SIGNAL('clicked()'),self.close)
>>>

>>>  nuke.menu("Nuke").addCommand("HI","t = pyQtTestDialog();t.show()")
>>> ###
>>>
>>>  Click HI, then close the window and Nuke and I get a seg fault.
>>> In Nuke 8.0v6 everything used to work fine.  What are the versions of Qt
>>> or PyQt that should be used?
>>> My query reports:
>>>
>>> ('Qt version:', '4.8.4')
>>>
>>> ('PyQt version:', '4.10.2')
>>>

>>>  Thanks!
>>>
>>> Jake

Frank Harrison
Senior Nuke Software Engineer
The Foundry
Tel: +44 (0)20 7968 6828 - Fax: +44 (0)20 7930 8906
Web: www.thefoundry.co.uk
Email: frank.harri...@thefoundry.co.uk