Given that you are dealing with a proprietary environment, its anybody's
guess whether or not the code is worth while to run.  Most of the time,
there is a smarter way that could require refactoring the code base.

I will say this though, in Nuke 8 they added some dopesheet functionality
for time based nodes that requires some compute time.  If the code runs
nuke.suspendPathProcessing() its possible you could see a performance
increase.