Thanks Neil!

I'll be hitting you up when I delve a little more into the Mint
installation, pretty soon. Ubuntu on the internal spinning HD is my sandbox
right now, as I concurrently have my Macbook Pro to ride me through the
transition. So far, I've put Mint xfce on a USB3 flash stick booting up the
render node (an older Windows PC I borrowed off a friend), and will soon be
installing Mint xcfe to a Samsung 950 SSD in the M.2 slot on the main Dell
machine as the primary boot OS. I'm not 100% sure if that slot and card are
supported in Mint yet, but again it will be a sandbox type of scenario as I
will still have Ubuntu and/or the Mac as a fallback.

Cheers,
Michael