Hi Kevin

Thanks for help

ok so random frame on one of the pics…

looking through OCIO node converting ARRI V3 LogC(EI800):

log values 74 61 87 across rgb in lowest value…..

and weirdly in superb rights  - 0 0 1023 in highest value ……!

-------------

changing primaries from sRGB to AlexaV3LogC and placing before OCIO conversion

blacks 73 67 84

superbrights 763 828 1023

seems better to me….average blacks sit around 095
————————

> As to sRGB/709 primaries these are usually easy to spot as a simple
> LogC -> linear followed by a 2.2-2.4 gamma curve on a monitor with
> those primaries makes a reasonable looking image give or take

Sticking that gamma curve does exactly what you say - pleasing image……… :)
interesting

Im pretty convinced something has happened to the plate before reaching me

Neil Rögnvaldr Scholes

Director | VFX Supervisor

www.neilscholes.com <http://www.neilscholes.com/>

+44 (0) 7977 456 197