I was setting the luts through the menu.py based on show.  If name in show: etc
Where name is the show specific name and show what the user is on.

The show is not set by an environment as such but a setting in the users home
folder.  (I think I can find a way for init to pick it up. )

But as Nathan says, this is a bug as the viewer process has nothing to do with
a BG render so should have been ignored anyway.

Thanks for all the help

Howard

*A X I S V F X*

The Bottle Yard Studios