Andrew Straw has emphasized that the current strategy of appending the
SVN version number to development versions of the SVN tree makes it hard
to do version sorting.

His proposal is to not change the version number until the first beta
comes out.

In other words, the trunk should not be 1.1 but 1.0dev?

Are there any opposing opinions to this change.  I personally think that
is a confusing numbering scheme because 1.0dev seems to imply it's the
development for version 1.0 instead of 1.1.  But, if  several others
think it's a good idea to support easy-sorting of version numbers, then
I will conceed.

Perhaps we can have a version 'number' as 1.0plus?

-Travis