Hi Chuck,

Are you planning on doing an rc release this time? I think the NumPy 1.14
release was unusually bumpy and part of that was the lack of an rc. One
example: importing h5py caused a warning under numpy 1.14 and an h5py
release didn’t come out with a workaround or fix for a couple months. There
was also an issue with array printing that caused problems in yt (although
both yt and NumPy quickly did bugfix releases that fixed that).

I guess 1.14 was particularly noisy, but still I’d really appreciate having
a prerelease version to test against and some time to report issues with
the prerelease so numpy and other projects can implement workarounds as
needed without doing a release that might potentially break real users who
happen to install right after numpy 1.x.0 comes out.

Best,
Nathan Goldbaum