On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Sebastian Berg <sebast...@sipsolutions.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 22:07 -0700, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 4:34 AM, Sebastian Berg <sebastian@sipsolution
> > s.net> wrote:

> > > l.co

> > > in

> > > Sounds good. I haven't really hung out there for a long time
> > > (frankly,
> > > I never hung out in #numpy, I thought people just use #scipy).
> > >
> > > Can we just give a few names (such as Matti, Nathan, maybe me,
> > > anyone
> > > else right now?) and add others later ourselves?
> > > I can get in contact with freenode (unless someone already did).
> >
> > Thanks Sebastian. Go ahead I'd say.
>

> Will do, just realized looking at it. The Steering Council list, etc.
> has a list of names, but not email addresses (or PGP keys). I do not
> remember, was that intentional or not?

I have a vague memory of that being intentional, but not sure. I don't mind
making email addresses public; they can be found from git commit logs and
mailing lists anyway, so why make life difficult for whomever wants to
reach us.

> Also I am not sure if the
> steering council email address is published anywhere, IIRC it was
> possible for anyone to send an email to it (OTOH, it would be nice to
> not catch spam there, so maybe it is fine to ask for the address
> first).

Google's spam filters are pretty good. For the record, it is
numpy-steering-coun...@googlegroups.com

Cheers,
Ralf