Hello everyone,

There are multiple instances of except-pass blocks within the codebase that to
my knowledge are bad practices (Referencing This StackOverflow Article. For
example in numpy/ma/core.py there is an except-pass block that catches all
exceptions thrown. Another example of this can be found in
numpy/core/function_base.py. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add
some print statements for logging the exceptions caught. Also for cases where
except-pass blocks are needed, is there an explanation for not logging
exceptions?

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/914407d51b878bf7bf34dbd8dd72cc2dbc428673/numpy/ma/core.py#L1034-L1041

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/914407d51b878bf7bf34dbd8dd72cc2dbc428673/numpy/core/function_base.py#L461-L472

Thanks,